$86.3 B: Net Worth in 2017
$75.1 B: Net Worth in 2016
$79.4 B: Net Worth in 2015
A FEW FACTS
- Bill Gates became a billionaire at the age of 31. He wanted to become a millionaire at the age of 30
- He started Micro-Soft with Paul Allen in Albuquerque, NM. in 1975
- In Feb. 2014, he stepped down as chairman of Microsoft
- Bill Gates’ children will only inherit US$10 million each, out of his US$72 billion net worth.
- He was arrested in New Mexico in 1977 for jumping a red light and driving without a licence.
- Bill Gates has no college degree
- Bill Gates continued to fly coach until 1997
- Bill Gates has a McDonald’s Gold Card for unlimited free fast food.
- Bill Gates bought Leonardo Da Vinci’s Codex Leicester in 1994 for US$30 million. A few pages were used as screen saver on Windows 95.
- Microsoft released the original Xbox in 2001
- Michael Larson of Cascade Investment controls most of Bill Gates investments.