This building is one of the last constructed in Lower Downtown between the Depression and the wave of building and development begun in the 1980s. It was originally built as a multi-tenant merchandise mart.
Architect Montana Fallis came to Denver in 1886 to work for the firm of architect Frank Edbrooke. In 1905 he joined John J. Stein to form the firm of Fallis and Stein. During the four years they were together, they designed a variety of large office and apartment buildings, churches, hotels, and theaters. Among the most notable was the Ideal Office Building, the first concrete “fireproof” building in Colorado. In 1912, Fallis and his new partner, Robert Willison, employed their fondness for glazed terra-cotta in the ornamental detail of the Oxford Annex. Fallis used an Art Deco design in brick with accents of terra-cotta for this building. The interior is noted for its large rounded cement columns. The building has been in continuous use, with its most recent incarnation as forty-seven loft condominiums with underground parking completed in 1994.