$72.5 B: Net Worth in 2017
$45.6 B: Net Worth in 2016
$34.4 B: Net Worth in 2015
A FEW FACTS
- Jeff Bezos was born on January 12, 1964, in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Graduated summa cum laude in 1986 with a degree in computer science and electrical engineering from Princeton University.
- Bezos set up the office for his fledgling company in his garage where, along with a few employees, he began developing software.
- Bezos opened Amazon.com, named after the meandering South American River, on July 16, 1995.
- Within two months of inception, sales reached $20,000 a week, growing faster than Bezos and his start-up team had envisioned.
- Amazon.com went public in 1997
- He made an appearance on The Simpsons in a 2008 episode with Mark Cuban
- Bezos made headlines worldwide on August 5, 2013, when he purchased The Washington Post
- The Amazon CEO is the nation’s 28th largest landowner
- Amazon’s first employee was Shel Kaphan
- Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos have 3 sons and a daughter they adopted from China
- Bezos was one of the first investors in Google in 1998 when he put in $250,000
- In 2011, he donated $15 million to Princton to build a center that would study neurological disorders.